She wrote: “With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child.
“It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away.
“She had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to dislodge it, even with back slaps and pushing up under her ribs, I had done a first aid course one six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help.”
She added: “I watched the light slip fro my baby’s eyes, I tried in vain to save her.”
The yellow packs of Cadbury Mini Eggs, which contain a massive 980 calories, carry a clear choking hazard warning.
But the mum added: “If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether.”
The mum, who posted her advice under the username “XGemx”, also advised reading similar posts on Facebook from parents whose youngsters have choked on the popular Easter treat.
“Please watch you babies,” she pleaded.
The mum’s warning prompted a flurry of others to share their concerns.
One wrote: “My twin girls are 14 years old now, when they were five one of them choked on a Mini Egg and for years after I could not let her have them.
“When I finally did they were cut in half and closely supervised.”
She added: “I’ve never forgotten it and even today when she has them I still have to remind her what happened al those years ago.”
Another said: “This happened to my son at around 4 years old. Fortunately I managed to get it out with the Heimlich manoeuvre as the back slain wasn’t working.
“I remember his lips turning blue. It was one of the scariest moments of my life.”
She added: “Hew as acting a small box of the Mini Eggs and he was tipping them into his mouth and one got stuck.”
Cadbury has been contacted by Express.co.uk for comment.
Previously addressing a choking complaint on Mini Eggs, a company spokesman said: “The safety of our customers is of the upmost importance to us and we ensure that all of our Cadbury Mini Eggs packaging very clearly carries the following warning: Choking Hazard: This product is Not suitable for children under 4.”