Call of Duty WW2 gamers will this week be able to download the next big patch for the hit PS4, Xbox One and PC game.
Sledgehammer Games said the next Call of Duty WW2 update will be coming soon, with patch notes set to be published on the game’s Reddit page.
It’s not clear what will be included in the big update, but Sledgehammer have revealed what they’re working on for Call of Duty WW2.
Here are some of the things the Call of Duty WW2 developer have been working on:
• War Mode XP – Sledgehammer Games said they’re aware of feedback pointing out a difference in match XP awarding rates and are investigating it.
• Ranked Play – Call of Duty WW2 fans could soon be getting four player party support.
• Flak Gun Event – The amount of armoury credits awarded is now based on participation and success of shooting down crates.
• Custom Community Playlist – Sledgehammer promised: “We’ll come up with a good, long list of map-mode combinations based on existing offerings, and we’re going to let you chime in on your favourites.”
• Prestige Token “Last-Chance” Prompt – Sledgehammer Games is working to add a message that makes you confirm whether you want to use these tokens.
The news came as Sledgehammer Games introduced their new weekly community update.
In the post, the Call of Duty WW2 developers said: “Introducing our SHG Weekly Community Update!
“Each week, we’ll be giving you the lowdown on upcoming changes and status updates on Multiplayer and Zombies, as well as sharing some of the awesome community highlights and content that you all are creating yourselves.
“Plenty of community-driven initiatives are on the horizon, and we’re committed to working with you to make Call of Duty®: WWII even better.”
The news comes after it appeared to be confirmed that Treyarch will be handling Call of Duty 2018.
Following the Activision earnings report last week, Treyarch tweeted: “Looking forward to the year ahead. . . we can’t wait to share more.”
It would also make sense that Treyarch were back in the driving seat, especially since their last game launch in 2015.
Activision uses a three-year development cycle for their COD games, with the Raven Software team supplying help with a lot of ongoing projects.
It had previously been claimed that COD WW2 would be replaced by Black Ops 4, which will apparently be set in present day.
It’s rumoured that Call of Duty 2018 will be get released on PS4, Xbox One, PCs and Nintendo Switch.
The Switch version will allegedly not only support DLCs, but also boast HD Rumble features and motion controls.