Sir Ian McKellen news: Lord of the Rings actor reveals accepting death and funeral plans | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Please follow and like us:


The 78-year-old has spoken out about how he often thinks about the prospect of death, and admitted that he has spent an evening planning his funeral in the past.

The Lord Of The Rings star, who is a recipient of every major theatrical award in the UK, went on to reveal he created a “wish list” for the funeral and a service to commemorate his life.

Opening up about his plans in a documentary, McKellen: Playing the Part, Sir Ian explained it had been “the most enjoyable evening” thinking about how he would like the event to be.

Insisting he would like his memorial to be “celebratory”, the actor also expressed his desire to have a memorial in a theatre, as reported by The Sunday Times.

The British cultural icon, who turns 79 next month, also divulged he didn’t want religion to be involved.

He said: “I would like the memorial to take place in a celebratory way – in a theatre.

“Free admission. And I’d want a lot of beautiful people.”

Sir Ian went on to admit that after planning how he’d like the service to remember him to be, he wished he would be able to attend.

The stage and screen star confessed: “And when I finished this I thought, ‘Ooh, I’d love to go to that funeral.’

“So I hope I might arrange a dress rehearsal before I go,” he teased.

It came as the TV and radio host quizzed him about whether he would be appearing in the upcoming TV series, stating: “Amazon [is] doing a TV series of Lord of the Rings.”

Graham went on to tease: “Now, isn’t that annoying, that there’s going to be another Gandalf in town?”

But, the actor responded: “What do you mean, another Gandalf? I haven’t said yes because I haven’t been asked.

“But are you suggesting that someone else is going to play it? Gandalf is over 7000 years old, so I’m not too old [yet].”

McKellen: Playing the Part will be released in cinemas next month.



Source link

Related posts