The 62-year-old, who starred in the ballroom competition back in 2009, has voiced her opinion on Brendan’s departure from Strictly Come Dancing.
Jo, who was paired with the New Zealander during her stint in the show, slammed BBC bosses for dropping the outspoken dancer.
The 41-year-old ballroom pro announced back in January that he wouldn’t be returning for the series later this year.
Discussing his departure, Jo confessed that she thought it was a “big mistake” for the Strictly original to have not been invited back.
Speaking to The Sun’s Bizarre column last week, she said: “I text him the other day. He’s fine.
“They made a big mistake.”
The star, who made the reveal at the Whiskey and Spears event held at Shaka Zulu, went on to hint that Brendan may have assumed that he wouldn’t be asked to return, before receiving the call.
She confessed: “I think he knew before he heard from them.”
Following the news of his departure, rumours began to surface which suggested that the decision could have been due to tension between the dancer and head judge Shirley Ballas last year.
The awkward on-air confrontation saw the 57-year-old advise Brendan and his dance partner Charlotte Hawkins to watch their performance back.
Clearly not impressed by the comments, the Strictly pro snapped: “I will, dear, I will.”
Leaping to the star’s defence as she discussed Brendan’s controversial nature last Wednesday, Jo went on: “You’ve got to have that.”
It came just weeks after Brendan announced that his tour bus had caught fire and burst into flames.
The Latin American professional, who is currently performing across the nation in his All Night Long tour, told the Daily Star: “The bus caught fire… it was quite horrific.
“All sorts of things happen over the course of a 56-date tour. But I work with the best and they showed their true mettle. Luckily, everyone was OK.”
Praising his colleagues’ professionalism for returning to the stage the following day, he continued: “It just shows how amazing they are. But we are OK. The show goes on.”